|This information is reliable as of patch 22.214.171.124. If this is no longer the current patch, you can help by updating it.|
Creation CodeThe letters that represent this
Mutation within a Build Code
ID?Use this ID to wish for the mutation
Reality DistortingReality distorting mutations
cannot be used under
the effects of normality.
Your vitality depends on your temperature; at higher temperatures, you are more lively. At lower temperatures, you are more torpid.
Your base quickness score is reduced by 10.
Your quickness increases as your temperature increases and decreases as your temperature decreases.
+100 reputation with unshelled reptiles
Cold Blooded (D) is a physical defect that causes the player's base Quickness to fluctuate based on their Temperature. At the normal surface temperature of 25°, the player's Quickness will be reduced by 10, for a total of 90. Temperatures below 25° will further reduce the players Quickness, while temperatures above 25° will augment it. These changes in temperature produce diminishing returns; slight temperature increases or decreases will see noticeable increases and decreases in Quickness respectively, while very high or very low temperature values will only see comparatively slight differences in Quickness.
|Temperature||Quickness Bonus||Total Quickness|
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Grants 2 extra points to spend during character creation
- Grants a Quickness bonus so long as the player can keep their temperature high
- Can synergize well with blaze injectors, rocket skates, Flaming weapons, overloaded equipment, close range use of Pyrokinesis or the Flaming Ray mutation
- Decreases the player's Quickness at 25, which is the normal surface ambient temperature
- Temperature below 25° significantly reduces the player's Quickness
- Traveling through the lower levels of Bethesda Susa can be especially difficult without additional preparation
- Few locations in the game have a high enough ambient temperature to counteract the Quickness debuff, let alone increase Quickness beyond 100
- A significant Quickness bonus can't be attained even at extremely high temperatures
- Most sources of cold resistance (which is very desirable with this defect) also provide an equal amount of heat resistance (which makes purposefully increasing the character's temperature harder)
- Can synergize poorly with luminous hoarshroom overdose, freeze ray, Freezing weapons, close range use of Cryokinesis or the Freezing Ray mutation