|It has been suggested that this article or section be moved to Mental Armor (MA).
* Reason: To better align with other abbreviated combat mechanic pages.
- Please discuss this on the Discussion page.
Your mental armor (MA) is a measurement of how well protected you are against mental attacks, much as your armor value is a measurement of how well protected you are from physical attacks. The higher your score, the less likely an opponent's mental attack will have a severe effect on you. Your MA is modified by your Willpower modifier. The effective default value for MA is 4. MA is a hidden stat, and if displayed in a debug window it will typically be 0. This score is then increased by 4 for calculations involving MA.
Mental Armor (MA) is a creature's primary protection against psychic attacks including Confusion, Sunder Mind and psionic weapons. Base MA is calculated from the creature's Willpower bonus. Against psychic damage attacks, it functions identically to AV against physical attacks.
There are a limited number of ways for the player to boost MA. Some of those options include:
- The Mental Mirror mutation adds a 3+Mutation Level bonus to MA and reflects blocked mental attacks. However, this only applies to one attack per cooldown.
- Cooking with
- Cooking a meal which is tasty
- Wearing a
- Increasing the Willpower attribute, such as by: