Unarmed combat occurs when a player or creature has no weapon equipped in one or more of their weapon hands.
Unarmed combat is a form of melee combat, but it uses natural body equipment, such as the player's . Unarmed attacks also have no effective strength cap to penetration, meaning that creatures with very high strength can gain very high penetration and do significantly more damage than they could with most melee weapons. The is one of the only non-unarmed cudgel weapons with similarly uncapped penetration potential.
Unarmed combat can be enhanced through a variety of means:
- Learning the Cudgel skill and subskills. All unarmed attacks are considered cudgel attacks.
- Starting with or obtaining the cybernetic. This increases unarmed damage to 2d32-6 (Avg: 4).
- Obtaining . This increases unarmed damage to 2d4+13-9 (Avg: 6).
- Obtaining . This increases unarmed damage to 3d43-12 (Avg: 7.5).
- Gaining a fungal infection on the hands. is the best for this purpose, as it increases unarmed damage to 2d32-6 (Avg: 4).
- Wearing any spiked gauntlets. This adds additional bleeding damage to unarmed attacks.