Most physical actions that a character can take, such as performing a melee attack against another creature, will cancel the sprint effect immediately. Moving through a sizeable body of liquid or suffering from other movement effects, such as becoming stuck, will also terminate sprinting. Reloading or firing a missile weapon will not cancel sprinting, but shooting is subject to an accuracy penalty by default.
Sprint cannot be used if the creature is frozen solid or on the world map.
- While sprinting, a creature suffers a -5DV, unless they have the Hurdle skill. penalty to
- Any melee attacks made by the sprinter will suffer from a -10 to-hit penalty, and will also immediately cancel the sprint.
- Firing any kind of missile weapon suffers from a random aim variance penalty (a random amount between -23° and 23°), unless the sprinter has the Sling and Run skill.
- Conatus and Longstrider increase the sprint duration by 10 each. These skills can stack.
- Hurdle removes the DV penalty associated with sprinting.
- Sling and Run removes the accuracy penalty for firing any missile weapon while sprinting (not just pistols).
- Wearing for at least 100 turns grants the springing effect, which increases the movement speed boost while sprinting to 3x.
- Equipping changes the Sprint ability to Power Skate, which grants power skating instead.
- Wearing a fully booted removes the penalties listed above, and allows the wearer to keep sprinting after performing an action that would normally cancel it.
- Triple-jointed gives a mutation-level-based chance to activate Sprint without putting the ability on cooldown.
- Two-hearted increases the sprint duration by a mutation-level-based percentage.
- Wings increase the sprint speed by a mutation-level-based percentage.
Creatures that lack the Sprint skill can obtain it by purchasing the base Tactics skill tree (which includes Hurdle). Purchasing the base Tactics skill will also grant the Sprint skill and the ability to start sprinting.
Sprint's cooldown (CD) in rounds depends on the user's willpower (WI) attribute:
|This information is reliable as of patch 126.96.36.199.|