Strip fly

From Caves of Qud Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
strip fly
Strip fly.png
Character

6

ID?Use this ID to Wish for strip fly

Strip Fly

Faction

robots (Loved100 Reputation)

Demeanor

neutral

Inventory
Inventory
Mutations
Mutations
Experience?The XP granted when killed. Click
"toggle detailed stats" above for
a level-based breakdown.

650 XP

XP Tier

5

Role

Unspecified


Extra info:

Limbs* (HoverRobot): * Excludes limbs granted via mutations
strip fly

Wispy ur-filament wings painted red by oxygen beat the stale air 300 times per second. They lift a thorax bundled out of metallurgic sinew and narrowing to a segmented abdomen capped by a fine-motion pincer claw.

Perfect

Strip flies are robotic flying creatures that can appear in groups on the Crematory level of the Tomb of the Eaters.pngTomb of the Eaters.[1]

In melee combat, strip flies will attempt to steal an item from their target with their pincers. The target is allowed an Agility save (difficulty 10) to avoid the pincers. If the save fails, the strip fly will snag either a random equipped item (25% chance) or a random inventory item (75% chance).[2]

Once a strip fly has obtained an item, it will refrain from stealing, but may decide to start moving toward the nearest Deep shaft.pngdeep shaft. If the strip fly reaches the shaft, it will drop the item down the shaft.[3] The strip fly will then resume its normal stealing behavior.

References

This information is reliable as of patch 2.0.203.34.
  1. PopulationTables.xml, population name CrematoryGlobals
  2. XRL.World.Parts.ThiefBot
  3. XRL.World.AI.GoalHandlers.DropOffStolenGoods