Structural, Minor, Negative, Removable
Infobox data from game version 18.104.22.168
Doesn't function properly and can't be equipped.
Will erode into dust if rusted again.
rusted is an effect that is only applied to items made of metal. rusted items will have their commerce value divided by 100 and cannot be equipped or activated. If a rusted item is rusted again, it instead crumbles to dust and is permanently destroyed. rusted can be removed by using Repair, a Fix-It spray foam, or by paying a creature with the repair skill to repair the item. In any of these cases, repairing a rusted item will fully remove the rusted effect from it with no lasting effects.
Items with the lacquered mod cannot rust, but otherwise, all metal items are equally susceptible to rusting.
Metallic creatures such as robots can also be rusted, which decreases their quickness by 70 and also rusts any integrated metallic parts. While this does not affect any external weapons of these creatures, any creature relying on Jacked power from an integrated power plant will be unable to use it for its weaponry or any abilities.
Causes of Rust
- the melee attack of qudzu
- the melee attack of qudzu symbiotes
- the melee attack of brown jells
- strikes of \sludgy pseudopods from soupy sludges that has absorbed brown sludge
- becoming prone in pool of brown sludge, typically because of sewage eels or the Slog of the Cloaca
- extradimensional items may rust when exposed to normality effects
- robotic creatures can be rusted if they spawn inside a rusty biome.