Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about the weapon skill. For the unit of energy, see Energy.|
You charge forward two or three squares and perform a melee attack at +1 penetration.
Charge is a skill that allows the user to move multiple squares to approach and melee attack a target, all in a single turn.
Charge's cooldown (CD) in rounds depends on the user's willpower (WI) attribute:
Skill and Mutation Interactions
- Charging Strike (Axe) grants the user additional bonuses related to cleaving or dismembering the target.
- Charging Strike (Cudgel) guarantees that the target will be dazed if hit by the charge.
- Shield Slam grants a free shield slam attack when charging.
- Players or creatures with the Horns mutation, or who are wearing a fork-horned helm, will always get a free attack with their horns when charging.
- Players or creatures with the Stinger (Confusing Venom), Stinger (Paralyzing Venom), or Stinger (Poisoning Venom) mutation will always get a free attack with their stinger when charging.
- Players or creatures with pentaceps or Wings have an extended charge range.
- Players or creatures cannot charge while swimming, flying, prone or otherwise immobilized or charge out of melee combat.
- Only creatures other than the player can charge into tiles that are not visible to them unless the target is an immobile creature that is always visible.
Factions That Teach Charge
Charge is not taught by any of Qud's persistent factions. However, procedurally generated factions such as village factions can teach randomly chosen skills as part of their water ritual.
Creatures That Have Charge
- chitinous puma
- deep slumberling
- Haggabah, Who Plies The Umbral Path
- Iopinax the Younger
- Jotun, Who Parts Limbs
- juicing cannibal
- sultan croc
- svardym eld
- svardym hatchling
- svardym jut
- svardym scrounge
- Warden Indrix, Goatfolk Pariah
- Warden Neelahind
- Warden Une