|This information is reliable as of patch 18.104.22.168. If this is no longer the current patch, you can help by updating it.|
Creation CodeThe letters that represent this
Mutation within a Build Code
ID?Use this ID to wish for the mutation
Reality DistortingReality distorting mutations
cannot be used under
the effects of normality.
You garrote an adjacent creature's mind and control its actions while your own body lies dormant.
Success roll: mutation rank or Ego mod (whichever is higher) + character level + 1d8 VS. Defender MA + character level
Duration: (level based) rounds
Cooldown: 75 rounds
Domination is a mental mutation that allows the player to take control of another creature's body.
Domination grants the "Dominate Creature" ability, which, when used on a creature within one tile of the player, causes the player to assume complete control of them. While dominating a creature, the player can perform essentially any action they could normally do within their own body, such as manipulating the creature's inventory, utilizing any abilities they might have, spending points within their character sheet, etc. Additionally, the creature's normal faction reputation will still apply while it is being dominated.
Dominating a creature will leave the player's original body completely inert; it will not move or act on its own, and will remain that way until domination is broken.
Control of a creature can be relinquished either willingly by using the "End Domination" ability while dominating a target, or due to domination being broken forcibly. This can happen if the player's original body takes damage or if the creature being dominated dies. Once the connection is broken, the player will assume control of their original body once again.
Successfully dominating a neutral creature and then ending domination will not cause them to become hostile; however, a failed attempt to dominate them will, along with any allies who witnessed the attempt. Additionally, creatures who lack a mind, such as oozes and robots, cannot be dominated (though the latter can be via a ).
The following formula is used to determine duration based on mutation level.
100 + 100 × Level
Domination's cooldown (CD) in rounds depends on the user's willpower (WI) attribute:
If, while Dominating a creature, your original body is killed in a single blow, a popup appears with the message "Your mind is stranded here." and you now permanently reside in the body you were Dominating. (The Dominated effect tracking your time left in the creature's body disappears, along with the ability to end Domination.)
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Dominated creatures can be used to explore and fight without endangering the player
- Allows the player to possibly defeat powerful enemies by dominating them and placing them in deadly situations
- Can be utilized in certain circumstances to "body-swap" to a more desireable creature type
- Can be used to retrieve items and equipment from creatures without killing or otherwise harming them, by unequipping and dropping them
- Very high cost at character generation
- Dominating a creature leaves your original body defenseless
- The player's level and Ego modifier/mutation level must be quite high to dominate higher level/high MA enemies
- Failed Domination attempts will anger neutral creatures and their allies